Hayk Asatryan was born in 1946 in Vardenis. He graduated with honours from the Architecture Department of the Engineering Faculty in the Karl Marx Polytechnic Institute in 1971. Between 1972 and 1975 he worked in Jermuk as the chief architect of the city. In 1975 he moved to Yerevan and started to work at the newly founded Department of Experimental Architectural Design of the Armenian Scientific-Research Institute of Construction and Architecture, first as a senior architect, later growing to be the chief architect of the Institute. He is a member of the Union of Architects of Armenia since 1982. In 1984 he was awarded the highest honour at the All-Union contest of architects in Moscow – a laureate diploma for prospective development of mansions’ planning. Since 1990 he has been teaching at the Yerevan State University of Architecture and Construction. Students of University professor Hayk Asatryan have won numerous prizes and awards both in and out of their country. In 1998 Hayk Asatryan established the “Temple of Light” design studio, where he has been working till now. During his prolific creative activity for nearly 40 years he has designed and created more than 200 various buildings and constructions, small architectural forms, decorative formations and diverse structures. In 1989 Hayk Asatryan won the 1st prize at the All-Union Contest for earthquake resistant low-rise houses. In 2004 at a countrywide contest-exhibition he was awarded a Laureate Diploma for the year’s best project and building of “Ararat” Hotel Complex. In 2015 he joined the Union of Designers of Armenia.