National Museum-Institute of Architecture was established in 1990 by the Government of the Republic of Armenia. It’s kind unique cultural research institution where are collected various materials relating to the history, theory and practice of architecture, urban development and construction. A separate part of the museum activities are the various materials of architects and construction engineers who worked and work abroad. Collected materials in the museum after consideration and registration are taken under state protection. The museum is scientific-research and cultural institution engaged in scientific, publishing, scientific and methodological activities, organizes exhibitions (also abroad), participates in development of scientific and educational programs. The museum establishes a scientific and artistic partnership,cooperates with national and international cultural centers,museums, educational institutions and individual architects.
Full name of museum is National Museum-Institute of Architecture state noncommercial organizations. The museum has its own logo(By H. Samuelyan).
Address of museum-Armenia, Yerevan, Government House 3
tel / fax +374.10 524630
The museum is arranges both individual and group exhibitions (painting, graphic, architectural, etc.), competitions, presentations, seminars, lectures and conferences. The museum also organizes mobile exhibitions. In recent years had organized exhibitions in Gyumri, Goris, Gavar, Alaverdi, Artashat, Vanadzor, Nagorno-Karabakh Republic. Also had organized exhibitions in Italy, France, Bulgaria, Portugal, Greece, Canada, Russia.
Fond of museum. In museum fond are kept more than 6830 archival materials, fonds may be used daily, except Mondays, Saturdays and Sundays at 11.00-16.00, providing copies of documents is requiring payment.
The library. In museum library are stored 2800 books, which can be used every day 11.00-16.00 except Saturdays and Sundays. Literature service is in situ, copying, photographing and other services of the required material is requiring payment.
Exhibitions. In previous years, organized
· From 1996 year National Museum-Institute of Architecture of Armenia was attended in “Venice Architecture Biennale” , wich organized in Italy, Venice, presenting Armenian architecture and Armenian architects.
· 1998 exhibition marking the 10th anniversary Earthquake of Spitak.
· 1999 exhibition marking the 1700 anniversary Christianity as a state religion in Armenia, which was reopened later in 2001,with headline “Armenian medieval architecture and culture”.
· 2001 exhibition marking the 1000 anniversary of consecration Cathedral Ani, and recently in 2013 february -march exhibition marking the 1050 anniversary of Cathedral Ani.
· 2004 the first photography exhibition in Yerevan of famous armenian artist from Istanbul Ara Guler.
· 2004 Exhibition and Seminar of Armenian architect Varuzhan Arakelyan who lives in Iran on the topic “The present situation of reconstruction activities of Armenian Monastery complexes in Iran”.
· 2004 Annual competition – exposition “The project and building of year”, which is continuous and now parallel the exhibition are hold conferences, which first attempt took place in 2011 and renamed “Yerevan Biennale of Architecture”. The conference theme was ”The conservation and development prospects of the intellectual heritage of architecture and urban development”.
· 2007 Personal exhibition of works sculptor Artashes Hovhannisyan.
· 2007 “The World’s 100 artists” exhibition in Paris.
· 2008 Personal exhibition marking the 100 anniversary architect Rafael Israelyan
· 2009 Exhibition of works Armenian architects living abroad
· 2009 Personal exhibition marking the 95th anniversary architect Armen Zaryan, which later in 2012 was shown in Vanadzor.
· 2010 Personal exhibition of paintings by the Dutch artist Ralph Haynen
· 2011 Exhibition in Yerevan “Westernized Istanbul’s Armenian architects”, then in Vanadzor and Gyumri .
· 2012 Exhibition by theme “Armenian architects are drawing”, which presents artwork of Armenian architects living today.
· 2013 The first personal posthumous exhibition marking the 75th anniversary architect Romeo Julhakyan
The exhibition hall of museum is open daily except Monday 10.00-17.00 .Entrance is free.